Recently I answered a question related to signing up to AuthorCentral and if there could be a Step-by-Step process on how to use it.
I thought this was an excellent opportunity to also share it with you – my readers!
If you are an author and or publisher, you’ll realize this is another way to implement into your book marketing campaign. By utilizing all the tools within your Author Central account, you’ll have the ability to use additional methods to effectively market/promote your book/s.
Signing up & setting up Author Central is simple:
- Surf on over to http://www.authorcentral.com
- Sign up if you aren’t a member (I used the same login info as my Amazon Customer Account).
Once you’ve accessed your AuthorCentral Account, you can do a number of things to optimize your Author Page.
The following links/tools are available in your account profile:
- You can Add multimedia, blog feeds, a Twitter feed, events,etc. to your Author Central Profile:
- You can edit your Biography.
- You can create your own personal Amazon Author Page url.
- You can add a Twitter feed.
- You can add a Blog feed.
- You can add an author photo.
- You can share a video interview, book trailer, or book signing video.
- You can share any upcoming speaking engagements, bookstore appearances, or whatever event you feel will help market and or promote you, your book and or your brand.
- You can View and Edit your list of books (click on the Author Title/Book Cover):
- You can request to edit your editorial reviews.
- You can Add a Review.
- You can Add info for: ‘Product Description’.
- You can add info for: ‘From the Author’
- You can add info for: ‘From the Inside Flap’ (if you have a jacket cover).
- You can add info for: ‘From the Back Cover’.
- You can add info for: ‘About the Author’.
- Under the ‘Book Extras’ tab you can add additional info via Shelfari.com:
- Ridiculously Simplified Synopsis.
- Settings & Location.
- Themes & Symbolism.
- You can add a book to your bibliography:
- In a pop-up search box you can search for books you’ve written by Title, Author or ISBN then add them to your bibliography.
- You can check sales of each of your books by geographic region (sales figures are an estimate from BookScan).
- You can view all the reviews of your books (and add comments to them if you wish).
Hope you find this helpful in your book marketing plan!